Saturday, February 14, 2009

Anti-love songs

Alleged love songs that don't mean what you think.

Hinder: Lips of an Angel. Dude's talking to his ex on the phone while his poor current girlfriend is waiting for him in bed. What a douche!



Extreme: More than Words. Guy's trying to get his girlfriend to fuck him. He's not in love, he's just horny.



Uncle Kracker: Follow Me. Another douchy guy, this one trying to get a married woman to jump into the sack with him. What is it with these guys?



The Police: Every Breath You Take. It's about stalking! And this is a popular first dance song at weddings?



REM: This One Goes Out To the One I Love. Another popular wedding song that wouldn't be if people listened to what he's saying. "A simple prop to occupy my time" Does that sound like a song about everlasting devotion? I didn't think so.

1 comment:

Jerry Beach said...

You forgot Meat Loaf's "Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad" and Warrant's "I Saw Red." You'd think the latter one, in particular, would be pretty self-explanatory, but I worked with a guy who once told me that was "The Song" for he and an ex-girlfriend. No shit. An ex-girlfriend? You don't say. He wasn't very bright.