Monday, November 3, 2008

Nate Silver, world's hottest nerd


Yes, it's another blog about my flavor of the day crush :D

This time, though, I'm going for brains instead of white-trashness.

Nate Silver, who predicted the Rays would win 88 games this year and figured out a new way to look at baseball stats and predict what would happen that was better than the old way (I really don't understand all that, though, cause it's baseball, and we all know that baseball and I have a love-hate, mostly hate, relationship), predicted a victory for Obama tonight on his site fivethirtyeight.com, which takes polls and uses more fancy formulas and number crunching to interpret the polls and tell us what's going on.

Nate also pops up from time-to-time on Countdown and other MSNBC shows, providing me with the opportunity to see him kinda-sorta in person.

Now I know what you're saying, "Elise, I've looked at the top of the page, and, well, he looks more like he belongs in an engineering firm than in your bed."

To this I say, you haven't seen enough of my ex-boyfriends. I like nerds, geeks, dorks, whatever you want to call them. At the end of the day, nothing is sexier than brains. Your brains stay (generally), while looks are fleeting. And Mr. Silver has brains to spare.

No comments: