Saturday, November 29, 2008

Roommate issues

Really, the roommate is a decent guy, least I think, but good Lord, do I want to bite his head off lately.

He seems to have been fired or laid off from his job, as he's barely left the house in three weeks. He wakes up, goes to the bathroom and then parks his ass on my sofa to watch TV for the rest of the day.

He's ruined two throw pillows because he wallows on them. They're completely flat, yet were almost brand new when he moved in four months ago. It doesn't seem like much, but it's just a small sign of a larger issue.

He doesn't respect my things. He puts his feet, in shoes, on my couch, my coffee table, the cats' chair. I knew it's not high quality furniture, but it's mine. I paid for most of it myself and I'd rather like to stay in a condition that's still attractive.

He's taken over the refrigerator. It's not a big fridge, but with only two people in the apartment it should have more than enough space. Yet I can't fit anything in the freezer and the entire bottom shelf, you know, where the tall stuff will fit, is taken up by his energy drinks in the fridge part.

He also tries to argue politics with me. I have a strict "No Politics" policy with people I have to live with who disagree with me. It makes things too uncomfortable, especially when the person you're living with wears a tinfoil hat and thinks Russia is now coming to get us because of Obama's election.

He talks down to me about sports. There are few things that piss me off more. I know sports better than 99 percent of the population, including Mr. I Love The Boise State Broncos. Don't try to tell me how things work. I know, and I could probably write a book on them.

As long as he pays his rent on time and the cats continue to like him, I'm not kicking him out, but lord it felt good to get all this shit off my chest.

No comments: