Friday, October 17, 2008

The death of my boots

My fuck-me boots are dead.

Before I started to lose weight, a pair of knee-high boots with a heel (in this case about 3 1/2 inches) was a pipe dream. My calves were just too fat to find a pair that would zip up.

The day I tried a pair on and they zipped was one of the best days of my life, at least shoppingwise :)

But now, the first major purchase that symbolized my weight loss is now too big. The calves of the boots are so streched out that they slipped from my knee to about mid-calf while I was wearing them last night. They are simply too uncomfortable to continue to wear.

I can look at this two ways. 1) Boo hoo! My boots don't fit. 2) Yee haw! My boots don't fit cause I'm even thinner and now I have an excuse to go shopping for some better ones!

I'm gonna go with option two and hit the shoe stores next week.

No comments: