Sunday, October 26, 2008

Hey, I put some new shoes on . . .

and suddenly everything is right,
I said, hey, I put some new shoes on
and everybody's smiling,
it's so inviting,

-- New shoes, Paulo Nutini



I didn't intend to buy shoes, especially not irridescent emerald Jessica Simpson Mary Janes.

I needed some winter clothes, not pretty shoes that match nothing.

I got some clothes, true, but the best purchase of my Saturday brave-the-mall shopping trip was the shoes. They match nothing I own. They'll be hard to wear with anything other than black. But they put me in a fantastically good mood today, although it might have been the really cute shoe salesman.

Not only are the shoes pretty and able to make me feel good, they were on sale too (not to mention they possess a reasonable 1 1/2 inch heel, so mom'll be happy)! And I got sticky notes with Jessica's fake signature on them, so I can pretend to leave notes from the desk of Jessica Simpson (and yes, I realize she's vapid, but she's fun, dammit!).

And just because, here's the video to Mr. Nutini's song.

No comments: